57% of customers would rather contact companies via digital media such as email or social media rather than use voice-based customer support.
Moving beyond voice channels is essential for businesses to meet the evolving needs and preferences of different customer generations. Understanding the average age of your customers enables you to tailor your customer journey and provide a personalized experience. By incorporating digital service channels, social messaging platforms, chatbots, and virtual agents, you can cater to the majority of the US population and ensure seamless interactions with live agents when required, ultimately enhancing overall customer satisfaction.
Find out what the average age of your customer is.
Knowing your customer’s average age is huge in understanding which additional channels you should implement into your customer journey, if any.
Customer experience expectations vary among Baby Boomers, Generation X, Millennials, and Generation Z. Understanding these differences can give you the competitive advantage you need in order to build a personalized customer experience.
How to keep up with generations making up the majority of the US population?
- Include digital service channels (live chat, mobile apps, SMS, etc.) as part of your customer service strategy.
- Utilize social messaging (Facebook Messenger, Instagram DMs, etc.) to meet consumers’ need for social media interaction.
- Use chatbots that answer FAQ style questions, with seamless transition to a live person when needed.
- Have virtual agents that let customers ask questions in natural language for self-service options.
- The ability to reach a live agent when needed.
Could adding another channel decrease inbound call volume?
By adding another channel, such as chat, SMS, or email, organizations can significantly decrease inbound call volume. Agents who have access to these additional channels can handle multiple customer interactions simultaneously, resulting in improved efficiency and reduced reliance on voice channels. This diversification of communication channels allows agents to engage with customers through their preferred methods, leading to higher customer satisfaction and potentially lower call volumes.
Could you turn an additional channel into a new source of revenue?
Turn your contact center into a customer hub by implementing omnichannel technology. Taking this one step further, be sure each of those channels is integrated into your contact center tech stack. Empower your agents to fully understand where a customer is on their journey by asking the following questions:
- What platform are they connecting from?
- Why are they contacting us?
- Are they a current customer?
- What have they purchased in the past?
- Are there any open cases that you may need to address?
- Is there a potential for a cross-sell?
Understanding these answers will allow your agent to better assist your customer right then and turn your contact center into a revenue driver- instead of an expense.
Considering the move?
If you are considering which communication channels to move to from your current premise telephony, it is smart to consider many CCaaS or UCaaS solutions will provide additional digital channels like chat, SMS/ text, email and more, with their subscription packages. Because cloud subscription models make it easier to budget, you may be able to get several channels at a similar price you are paying per year for premise telephony.
If you are already thinking about moving beyond voice channels, check out some of these best-of-breed cloud communication providers:
Use DaVinci to pair multiple vendors so you can integrate the best of breed when it comes to who provides all your channels.
These integration issues are why we created DaVinci. DaVinci is an interaction orchestration platform as a service that focuses on the agent’s experience and putting the customer in charge of their vision. DaVinci can combine several pre-built apps into a single URL through a programmable framework. Customers can use the same pre-built or custom DaVinci apps either in an embedded CRM experience or workspace model. DaVinci frees you from getting stuck on one CCaaS platform, putting you in charge of your customer service vision and employee experience.
Today’s CCaaS offerings drive significant value, and by combining DaVinci with CCaaS customers can go beyond a vendor’s vision:
Our Open Architecture Platform provides CTI benefits, plus the ability to solve challenges unique to your organization without vendor roadmaps or expensive development.
- DaVinci can combine several pre-built apps into a single URL through a programmable framework.
- Use the same pre-built / custom apps in an embedded CRM experience or workspace model.
- DaVinci frees you from getting stuck on one CCaaS platform.
- DaVinci focuses on the agent experience and bringing contact center and CRM together.